Fast Facts About Monument, CO
Population (2021): 10,859
- Colorado Springs, CO: 22min
- Aurora, CO: 47min
- Denver, CO: 56min
- Denver – 58min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $39,616
- Household: $100,339
County: El Paso County
Type of location: Town
Why is Monument a Nice Place to Live?
Situated right off of I-25, Monument offers way more than just a pit stop between The Springs and Denver. Not only is Monument a family-friendly location with fun outdoor activities, delicious restaurants, and trendy coffee shops, it offers breathtaking natural beauty, Pike National Forest, quick access to city life, and a sense of community. In addition, Monument boasts successful small businesses, desirable local culture, and recreation activities to keep you active and healthy. Those living in Monument enjoy riding along the historic Santa Fe Trail all the way to Colorado Springs or golfing on one of the many courses in the area.
Monument is close to excellent public schools within the Lewis-Palmer School District. Its mission is to prepare our students to be successful learners, productive citizens, and caring contributors to society.
What is Monument Known For?
Both residents and visitors alike enjoy Monument Rock, a 2.7-mile walk and easy loop (accessible for all levels of hikers) that allows you to see the town’s namesake. The rock towers above Monument and is the logo for many local businesses. Monument also boasts many other outdoor attractions and eateries. From Rim Rock Drive to the Coffee Cup Cafe, those living in Monument have plenty of options to keep them occupied and entertained.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Monument?
Some of the top restaurants around Monument with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- The Bistro on 2nd, a cozy, relaxed outpost serving an array of classic American bistro dishes from meat to seafood.
- Rosie’s Diner, a prominent pit stop doling out all-day breakfast & classic grub in a polished chrome & neon locale.
- Arlene’s Beans, a relaxed eatery with patio seating serving Mexican plates from burritos to tacos plus tequila drinks.
- Coffee Cup Cafe, a laid-back outpost for classic American breakfast fare & burgers, plus lunchtime salads & sandwiches.
- Pikes Peak Brewing Company, a taproom of a local brewery offering craft beer, light snacks & a patio plus weekly live music.
"*" indicates required fields
27 total views, 1 views today