In search of homes for sale in Pueblo West, Colorado? Barb Schlinker and Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Barb Has the Buyers Team can make your search easy. Pueblo West, located in Pueblo County, is a rural community with a population of a little over 33,000 residents.
With the Arkansas River nearby, residents have access to natural beauty and outdoor recreation. Pueblo West offers a balance between a rural lifestyle and modern amenities, making it an attractive choice for those seeking a quieter living environment.
As you navigate the real estate landscape of Pueblo West, you’ll need an experienced realtor on your side. Barb and Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Barb Has the Buyers Team stand out as the best guides for your journey because of our high-quality customer service, attention to detail, and unique buyer guarantees. With our resources, we can help you find homes for sale in Pueblo West that meet your budget and preferences.
Pueblo West Homes For Sale | Buying a Home in Pueblo West
Want to move to Pueblo West, Colorado? Pueblo West is a small town located 45 minutes south of Colorado Springs. It’s the perfect place to live for those who want a little more space while still being within reach of Colorado Springs. But before you can find homes for sale in Pueblo West, you’ll need to learn more about the area.
Below, our team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Barb Has the Buyers Team will discuss everything you need to know about Pueblo West before you start your home-buying journey. We’ll cover the housing market, job market, crime rates, and more.
- Located along Colorado’s Front Range, Pueblo West is a small town of 33,086 residents, about 45 minutes south of Colorado Springs.
- In recent months, the median sale price of Pueblo West homes for sale was $419,696. This represents a five percent increase since the same point last year.
- Pueblo West is in the Pueblo County School District 70, which has nine schools that educate 10,320 students. The student-teacher ratio is 18 to 1.
- The Colorado Springs job market is experiencing a slightly lower rate of growth than the national average, at 28.80% compared to 30.54%.
- Colorado Springs’s overall cost of living is 9.7% cheaper than the rest of the U.S. and 30.2% cheaper than the rest of Colorado.
Should I Live in Pueblo West?
Located along Colorado’s Front Range, Pueblo West is a small town of 33,086 residents, about 45 minutes south of Colorado Springs.
It offers prospective homebuyers a blend of suburban and rural characteristics and a combination of natural beauty with easy access to modern conveniences. With its wide-open spaces, abundant parks, and picturesque reservoirs, outdoor enthusiasts will find many recreation opportunities, from hiking and biking to boating and fishing.
The town’s welcoming neighborhoods feature a range of housing options, from spacious ranch-style homes to townhomes. Residents also enjoy easy access to amenities like shopping centers, restaurants, schools, and healthcare facilities.
What’s the Housing Market Like in Pueblo West?
In recent months, the median sale price of Pueblo West homes for sale was $419,696. This represents a five percent increase since the same point last year. The median price per square foot is $157, which is a 6.8% decrease since the previous year. Most homes spend an average of 71 days on the market and tend to sell for one percent under their list price.
The hottest homes spend 37 days on the market before selling and sell for one percent above their original list price. Pueblo West has a sale-to-list price ratio of 99.5%. On average, 26.2% of homes sell above their listing price.
How Do I Find Homes For Sale in Pueblo West?
- Real Estate Websites: Utilize popular real estate websites such as Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, or Redfin to search for homes for sale in Pueblo West. These sites are a good place to start your search, but keep in mind they tend to have inaccurate information.
- Local Real Estate Agents: It’s essential to reach out to local realtors who specialize in the Pueblo West area. They can provide personalized assistance, help you find homes within your budget, and guide you through the home-buying process.
- Online Listings and Classifieds: Browse online listings and classified ads on platforms such as Craigslist or local newspapers. While these listings may not be as comprehensive as those on dedicated real estate websites, they can still provide leads on available properties for sale in Pueblo West.
- Drive Around the Neighborhood: Take a drive through Pueblo West and keep an eye out for “For Sale” signs on properties that catch your interest. This can be a proactive way to discover homes that may not be listed online yet.
- Social Media and Online Groups: Join local Facebook groups or online forums dedicated to real estate in Pueblo West. Members of these communities often share listings, discuss market trends, and offer recommendations for finding homes for sale in the area.
Are There Luxury Homes in Pueblo West?
Yes, you can find some luxury homes for sale in Pueblo West, though they aren’t common. You can also find lots of land for sale to build your own custom home. To learn more about the availability of luxury listings in Pueblo West, get in touch with our team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Barb Has the Buyers Team today by calling 719-301-1802.
Are There New Construction Homes in Pueblo West?
Yes, there are new construction homes for sale in Pueblo West. Pueblo West has many neighborhoods with new homes that were built between 2000 and the present. To find the latest brand-new listings or get in touch with home builders, get in touch with our team at 719-301-1802 today.
What Are the Best Neighborhoods in Pueblo West?
El Camino is a suburban neighborhood with single-family homes. It has a mix of medium homes with three to four bedrooms, and large homes with five or more bedrooms. The median home price is $508,809, which is 45.8% more expensive than other Colorado neighborhoods and 72.8% more expensive than other U.S. neighborhoods. El Camino has a higher income than 77.9% of U.S. neighborhoods.
Henkel & Pinon
Henkel & Pinon is a rural neighborhood with medium to large-sized single-family homes and some townhomes. Most of the homes in Henkel & Pinkon are new construction, with 68.8% of homes built after 2000. This means the neighborhood has more brand-new homes than 95.9% of other communities across the U.S. The median home price is $501,758, which is more expensive than 43.9% of Colorado neighborhoods and 70.8% of U.S. neighborhoods.
Pueblo Southwest is a suburban neighborhood with medium to large-sized homes and a median home price of $420,017. This makes it more affordable than 71.2% of other Colorado neighborhoods and 36.6% of other neighborhoods across the U.S. Most homes were built between 2000 and the present, though there are also some older, more well-established homes.
Stone City is a rural neighborhood with historic single-family homes built between 1940 and 1969. The median price of real estate is $406,161, which is 73.5% more affordable than other Colorado neighborhoods and 38.1% of other U.S. neighborhoods. Stone City is known for its spaciousness and quiet atmosphere, making it a great place to live for those who want a rural living environment.
What’s the Quality of Life in Pueblo West?
Pueblo West is in the Pueblo County School District 70, which has nine schools that educate 10,320 students. The student-teacher ratio is 18 to 1, and the district spends an average of $8,243 per student. This is slightly lower than the $12,383 spent on average in the U.S. The high school graduation rate in Colorado Springs is 93%, which is higher than in the rest of Colorado and the greater Pueblo West metro area.
The Colorado Springs job market is experiencing a slightly lower rate of growth than the national average, at 28.80% compared to 30.54%. The unemployment rate is 3.2% compared to the national rate of 4.1%. The average individual income is $33,603 and the average household income is $75,286.
Cost of Living
Colorado Springs’s overall cost of living is 9.7% cheaper than the rest of the U.S. and 30.2% cheaper than the rest of Colorado. The highest cost is housing, which is 9.9% higher than the U.S. average, but 57.6% lower than the Colorado average. The lowest cost is healthcare, which is 12.7% cheaper than the national average and 3.5% more expensive than the state average.
Crime and Safety
Colorado Springs has a violent crime rate of 12.6% which is less than the 22.7% for the U.S. average. The property crime rate is 32.1% compared to 35.4% for the national average. Historically, the crime rate in Pueblo West used to be higher than the state and national averages. But for nearly the past 20 years, the crime rate has fallen and stayed below both averages.
Weather and Climate
Colorado Springs experiences a semi-arid climate characterized by distinct seasons. Summers in Colorado Springs are warm and dry. Daytime highs can reach into the 80s and occasionally the 90s Fahrenheit. Winters are typically cold, with temperatures often dropping below freezing. Snowfall is common, creating picturesque winter landscapes.
Healthcare and Hospitals
The cost of healthcare in Colorado Springs is 12.7% cheaper than the national average and 3.5% more expensive than the state average. The town also has 225 physicians per 100,000 residents, which is higher than the U.S. average of 210 physicians. The nearest hospitals and urgent care centers in the area are:
- Parkview Medical Center
- St. Mary-Corwin Medical Center
- Pueblo Community Health Center – Pueblo West Clinic
- Concentra Urgent Care
- Southern Colorado Clinic – Urgent Care in Pueblo
What Are the Top Things to Do in Pueblo West
Pueblo West offers a mixture of outdoor activities and cultural activities. Some of the top attractions are:
- Lake Pueblo State Park: Enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, boating, fishing, camping, and wildlife viewing in this scenic park surrounding Lake Pueblo.
- Historic Arkansas Riverwalk of Pueblo: Walk along the Arkansas River, explore charming shops and eateries, and admire public art installations along this beautiful waterfront promenade.
- Sangre de Cristo Arts Center: Immerse yourself in art and culture at this center, which features rotating art exhibitions, live performances, educational programs, and a hands-on children’s museum.
- Pueblo Zoo: Encounter a diverse array of animals from around the world, explore themed exhibits, and participate in educational programs and special events at this family-friendly zoo.
- Desert Hawk Golf Course: Tee off at this scenic 18-hole golf course, which offers challenging play, picturesque views of the surrounding landscape, and amenities like a clubhouse and pro shop.
- Pueblo West Wetlands Park: Discover the beauty of local wetland ecosystems as you hike or birdwatch along the trails of this natural area, which provides habitat for a variety of wildlife species.
How Can I Find the Best Homes in Pueblo West?
Find the best homes for sale in Pueblo West when you work with Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Barb Has the Buyers Team. Barb Schlinker and our team of seasoned real estate professionals have years of experience serving the real estate needs of Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas.
With over 27 years of experience, we’re the best realtor in Colorado Springs and Pueblo West for a reason. Clients love working with us because of our unique buyer guarantees, customer-first approach, and excellent communication skills.
People Also Ask
Is Pueblo West, CO, a good place to live?
Pueblo is a good place to live for those looking for a small town with rural and suburban characteristics. It’s known for its family-friendly environment and low crime rates, making it a very safe area.
What is Pueblo West known for?
Pueblo West is known for its amenities, including an 18-hole golf course, walking trails, and horse-riding trails.
What is the average household income in Pueblo West, CO?
The average household income in Pueblo West is $75,286.
How big is Pueblo West, Colorado?
Pueblo West is 49.71 square miles and has 32,842 residents.
What is the average snowfall in Pueblo West, Colorado?
Pueblo West gets around 29 inches of snow each year, on average.