Find Rockrimmon homes for sale with Barb Schlinker and Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Barb Has the Buyers Team. Rockrimmon is a suburban neighborhood in Colorado Springs. It’s located eight miles north of Downtown Colorado Springs and features a mix of single-family homes and apartments.
With its stunning views of the Front Range and proximity to natural wonders like Garden of the Gods, Rockrimmon offers residents a unique blend of suburban comfort and outdoor adventure. Residents of Rockrimmon enjoy the convenience of Colorado Springs’ shopping centers, parks, and restaurants.
Rockrimmon also offers access to excellent public schools within the Colorado Springs Academy 20 School District.
In a housing market as competitive as Rockrimmon, you’ll need the help of an experienced realtor if you want to beat the competition and find your dream home. At Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Barb Has the Buyers Team, Barb Schlinker and our team of realtors have what it takes to help you with your home-buying journey.
Thinking about moving to Rockrimmon? Learn more about restaurants, things to do, and daily life in the area by reading our short guide:
Living in Rockrimmon
Rockrimmon Homes For Sale | Buying a Home in Rockrimmon
Interested in living in Rockrimmon? This family-friendly neighborhood is located in the north western part of Colorado Springs and is a great place to live for those who want a suburban lifestyle. Before you start looking for homes for sale in Rockrimmon, it’s important to make sure the neighborhood is the right fit for you.
Below, our team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Barb Has the Buyers Team will discuss what to know about Rockrimmon before deciding to move there. We’ll cover the housing market, job market, crime rates, and more.
- Rockrimmon is a neighborhood located in the northwest part of Colorado Springs. It’s known for its scenic beauty and proximity to outdoor recreational opportunities.
- In recent months, the median sale price of Rockrimmon homes for sale was $505,000, which is a nine percent decrease from last year.
- Colorado Springs is served by the Colorado Springs School District No. 11. The district has 23,359 students and an average student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1.
- The Colorado Springs job market is experiencing a higher rate of growth than the national average, at 40.12% compared to 30.54%.
- Colorado Springs’s overall cost of living is ten percent more expensive than the rest of the U.S. and ten percent lower than the rest of Colorado.
Should I Live in Rockrimmon?
Rockrimmon is a neighborhood located in the northwest part of Colorado Springs. Known for its scenic beauty and proximity to outdoor recreational opportunities, Rockrimmon offers residents a suburban lifestyle with easy access to urban amenities. The area features a mix of single-family homes, townhouses, and condominiums, providing a variety of housing options for every buyer.
Residents of Rockrimmon enjoy picturesque views of the surrounding mountains, especially the Ute Valley Park. They also have convenient access to hiking trails, parks, and other greenspaces.
Additionally, the neighborhood is close to shopping centers, restaurants, schools, and major roadways. This makes living in Rockrimmon a great choice for those seeking a balance between natural beauty and modern convenience in Colorado Springs.
What’s the Housing Market Like in Rockrimmon?
In recent months, the median sale price of Rockrimmon homes for sale was $505,000, which is a nine percent decrease from last year. The median price per square foot is $202, representing an 8% increase from last year. Most homes spend an average of 47 days on the market and tend to sell for 2% under their original asking price.
The hottest homes sell in as little as 11 days and for around 1% above their original list price. On average, 25% of homes sell above their listing price.
How Do I Find Homes For Sale in Rockrimmon?
- Real Estate Websites: Utilize popular real estate websites such as Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, or Redfin to search for homes for sale in Pueblo West. These sites are a good place to start your search, but keep in mind they tend to have inaccurate information.
- Local Real Estate Agents: It’s essential to reach out to local realtors who specialize in the Pueblo West area. They can provide personalized assistance, help you find homes within your budget, and guide you through the home-buying process.
- Drive Around the Neighborhood: Take a drive through Pueblo West and keep an eye out for “For Sale” signs on properties that catch your interest. This can be a proactive way to discover homes that may not be listed online yet.
- Social Media and Online Groups: Join local Facebook groups or online forums dedicated to real estate in Pueblo West. Members of these communities often share listings, discuss market trends, and offer recommendations for finding homes for sale in the area.
- Attend Open Houses: Attend open houses in the Rockrimmon neighborhood to view homes in person and gain a better understanding of the local market. It’s also an opportunity to meet realtors, gather information on the neighborhood and market, and explore different property styles.
- Real Estate Auctions: Check real estate auction websites and consult with your realtor to identify any properties in Rockrimmon listed for auction. This can be an alternative way to discover homes for sale.
- Utilize Your Realtor’s Network: Leverage your realtor’s network and connections within the real estate community. Realtors often share information about upcoming listings with each other and can provide access to exclusive resources.
Are There Luxury Homes in Rockrimmon?
Luxury homes for sale in Rockrimmon are limited. To learn more about the availability of luxury listings in Rockrimmon or other Colorado Springs neighborhoods, get in touch with our team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Barb Has the Buyers Team today by calling 719-301-1802.
Are There New Construction Homes in Rockrimmon?
Yes, there are new construction homes for sale in Rockrimmon, though options are limited. To find available inventory, learn about new home developments, or get in touch with home builders, contact Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Barb Has the Buyers Team at 719-301-1802 today.
What Are the Best Neighborhoods in Rockrimmon?
Rockrimmon is a neighborhood located within Colorado Springs. Other neighborhoods in the city are:
Black Forest East
Black Forest East is a rural neighborhood in Colorado Springs with a median real estate price of $817,780. The community is more expensive than 84.4% of Colorado neighborhoods and 89.6% of U.S. neighborhoods. The area is also characterized by medium to large single-family homes and a tight housing market with limited inventory. In addition, the neighborhood is known for being family-friendly, with top schools and a strong sense of community.
Kettle Creek is also a luxury rural neighborhood in Colorado Springs. It has a median real estate price of $799,478, surpassing 80% of Colorado neighborhoods and 87.8% of U.S. neighborhoods. The area is characterized by large, new construction single-family homes. Kettle Creek also stands out for its family-friendly environment, ranking among the top neighborhoods in Colorado for families due to excellent schools, low crime rates, and a sense of community.
Pikeview is a suburban neighborhood in Colorado Springs. It has a median price of $732,095, which is higher than the majority of neighborhoods in Colorado and the U.S. The area mainly features a mix of medium to large-sized single-family homes and apartment complexes. Pikeview is distinctive for its military population, ranking higher than 98% of U.S. neighborhoods in military residents.
Pine Creek East
Pine Creek East is a suburban neighborhood with medium to large-sized single-family homes and apartment complexes. The median home price is $826,117, which makes the area more expensive than 83.6% of Colorado neighborhoods and 89.2% of U.S. neighborhoods. Many homes are new construction, having been built in 2000 through the present. Pine Creek East is considered a wealthy neighborhood and is wealthier than 95.6% of other neighborhoods in the U.S.
What’s the Quality of Life in Rockrimmon?
Rockrimmon is a neighborhood in Colorado Springs, so its quality of life is very similar to the city as a whole:
Colorado Springs is served by the Colorado Springs School District No. 11. The district has 23,359 students and an average student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. There are 57 schools in the district which spend an average of $9,886 per student. This is lower than the $12,383 spent on average in the U.S. The high school graduation rate in Colorado Springs is 93.9%, which is higher than in the rest of Colorado.
The Colorado Springs job market is experiencing a higher rate of growth than the national average, at 40.12% compared to 30.54%. The unemployment rate is 2.4% compared to the national rate of 4.1%. The average individual income is $37,979 and the average household income is $71,957.
Cost of Living
Colorado Springs’s overall cost of living is ten percent more expensive than the rest of the U.S. and ten percent lower than the rest of Colorado. The highest cost is housing, which is 41% higher than the U.S. average, but 27% lower than the Colorado average. Compared to the U.S. average, groceries, utilities, and transportation costs are all lower. Health care, in particular, is nearly 20% lower than the U.S. average.
Crime and Safety
Colorado Springs has a violent crime rate of 23.6% which is slightly more than the 22.7% for the U.S. average. The property crime rate is 52% compared to 35.4% for the national average. The violent crime rate in Colorado Springs has historically been higher than in the rest of Colorado and the U.S.
Weather and Climate
Colorado Springs experiences a semi-arid climate characterized by distinct seasons. Summers in Colorado Springs are warm and dry. Daytime highs can reach into the 80s and occasionally the 90s Fahrenheit. Winters are typically cold, with temperatures often dropping below freezing. Snowfall is common, creating picturesque winter landscapes.
Healthcare and Hospitals
The cost of healthcare in Colorado Springs is 17.4% cheaper than the national average. The town also has 201 physicians per 100,000 residents, which is slightly lower than the U.S. average of 210 physicians. The nearest hospitals and urgent care centers in the area are:
- Penrose Hospital
- UCHealth Memorial Hospital Central
- St. Francis Medical Center
- UCHealth Urgent Care – Powers
- Concentra Urgent Care
- NextCare Urgent Care
What Are the Top Things to Do in Rockrimmon
Rockrimmon provides easy access to the attractions in Colorado Springs and the surrounding area. Some of the top things to do include:
- Garden of the Gods: Explore the stunning red rock formations and enjoy hiking, rock climbing, and guided nature walks in this iconic city park.
- Pikes Peak: Scale the heights of Pikes Peak, whether by driving the scenic Pikes Peak Highway or taking the historic cog railway. The summit provides breathtaking panoramic views.
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo: Visit one of America’s highest zoos and interact with a diverse range of animals while enjoying picturesque mountain scenery.
- The Broadmoor Seven Falls: Marvel at the beauty of Seven Falls, a series of stunning waterfalls nestled in a box canyon. Hike the trails and appreciate the natural surroundings.
- Old Colorado City: Stroll through the historic district with brick-paved streets, boutique shops, and a vibrant atmosphere.
- Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center: Immerse yourself in art and culture at this center, featuring a diverse collection, live performances, and educational programs.
How Can I Find the Best Homes in Rockrimmon?
Ready to discover the best homes for sale in Rockrimmon? At Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Barb Has the Buyers Team, Barb Schlinker and our team of seasoned real estate professionals can help you find the latest listings in this popular Colorado Springs neighborhood.
With over 27 years of experience, we’re the best realtor in Colorado Springs and Rockrimmon for a reason. Clients love working with us because of our unique buyer guarantees, customer-first approach, and excellent communication skills.
People Also Ask
What zip code is Rockrimmon?
Rockrimmon’s zip code is 80919.
How expensive is Colorado Springs?
Colorado Springs is more expensive than other areas of the U.S., but less expensive than other parts of Colorado, on average.
Is Colorado Springs better than Denver?
Colorado Springs is known for its access to the outdoors and nature, while Denver provides more of an urban environment known for its restaurants, museums, breweries, and more.
Does it snow a lot in Colorado Springs?
Colorado Springs gets around 55 inches of snow every year, on average.
What is the best time of year to visit Colorado Springs?
The best times of year to visit Colorado Springs are March to May and September to October. These periods have the best temperatures and the lowest amount of tourist crowds.