Searching for Divide homes for sale is easy when you work with Barb Schlinker and Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Barb Has the Buyers Team.
Divide is a small town in Teller County, about 24 miles northwest of Colorado Springs. While Divide is a relatively small and rural community, it has a close-knit and friendly atmosphere that attracts those seeking a quieter and more relaxed way of life in the mountains.
The town serves as a gateway to the recreational opportunities of the region and offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of larger urban areas.
If you want to find the best homes in Divide before they’re snatched by other buyers, work with Barb Schlinker. With over 20 years of experience in the real estate industry, we have what it takes to help you find a home that meets your needs.
Divide Homes For Sale | Buying a Home in Divide
Looking to discover homes for sale in Divide, Colorado? This town offers an appealing rural and small-town living experience, making it an ideal home for many individuals and families alike.
In this post, our team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Barb Has the Buyers Team will provide valuable insights about Divide, empowering you to make informed decisions as you start on your home-buying journey. We’ll cover the cost of living, job market, top neighborhoods, and more.
- Divide is a small town in Teller County, with less than 200 residents. It’s located within the Rocky Mountains at an elevation of over 9,000 feet.
- In recent months, the median sale price of homes for sale in Divide was $750,000, which is a 19% increase from the same point a year ago.
- Divide’s income per capita is $61,824, which is seven percent higher than the national average.
- Divide’s overall cost of living is 8.1% more expensive than the U.S. average and 12.4% lower than the rest of Colorado.
- The cost of healthcare in Divide is 18.5% cheaper than the average U.S. cost and 2.3% cheaper than the average cost in Colorado.
Should I Live in Divide?
Divide is a small town in Teller County, with less than 200 residents. Located within the Rocky Mountains at an elevation of over 9,000 feet, Divide is known for its beautiful mountain vistas and alpine environment. It’s also famous for being close to the Continental Divide, or the point where major water runoff flows in different directions based on what side of the divide it’s on.
While relatively small, Divide has a close-knit community atmosphere and serves as a gateway to exploring the natural beauty of the surrounding area. Divide has many outdoor recreational opportunities, including hiking and biking trails and fishing spots at places like Mueller State Park and Pikes Peak.
What’s the Housing Market Like in Divide?
The Divide housing market is somewhat competitive. In recent months, the median sale price of homes for sale in Divide was $750,000, which is a 19% increase from the same point a year ago. The average price per square foot is $272.
On average, homes spend 42 days on the market before selling and tend to sell for 1.4% below the asking price. The hottest homes sell after 27 days on the market and can sell for one percent above their asking prices. The average down payment is 26.3%.
How Do I Find Homes For Sale in Divide?
The best way to find homes for sale in Divide is by working with a professional realtor. A buyer’s agent can provide valuable guidance throughout the home-buying process as well as access to exclusive resources like the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
They also have in-depth knowledge of the local market, can offer expert advice on property valuation, negotiate on your behalf, and handle the necessary paperwork involved in the transaction.
With your realtor’s guidance, you can use several online and offline strategies to find homes for sale in Divide. Some options include:
- Attend Open Houses: Attend open houses to view properties firsthand and gather information from listing agents.
- Ask Your Network: Connect with friends, family, and colleagues who may have insights or recommendations on available properties.
- Check Local Newspapers: Check local newspapers or real estate publications for property listings and upcoming sales.
- Drive Through Neighborhoods: Explore desired neighborhoods and look for “For Sale” signs, which may lead to unlisted or upcoming properties.
- Join Social Media Groups: Join local real estate groups on social media platforms where homeowners and agents often share property listings.
- Visit Real Estate Websites: Utilize popular real estate websites such as Zillow, Realtor.com, and Redfin to browse a wide range of listings with detailed information. However, be sure to double-check pricing information with your realtor.
Are There Luxury Homes in Divide?
Yes, there are luxury homes for sale in Divide, ranging in price from $700,000 to $1.9 million. However, luxury home inventory is limited, and many homes may not be listed online. If you want the best chance of finding luxury homes in Divide, you’ll need to work with an experienced realtor who specializes in the luxury market, like Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Barb Has the Buyers Team. Contact us at 719-301-1802 today to get started.
Are There New Construction Homes in Divide?
There are some new construction homes for sale in Divide. However, brand-new homes are limited and inventory may sell fast. Contact our real estate team at 719-301-1802 to find home builders and new home developments in Divide today.
What Are the Best Neighborhoods in Divide?
Florissant is a small town located in the heart of central Colorado near the Rocky Mountains. Located 35 miles from Colorado Springs, Florissant offers stunning natural scenery and opportunities for outdoor recreation. With fewer than 500 residents, this quiet town has a small-town charm while providing easy access to big-city amenities.
Midland is a rural neighborhood in Divide. It has a median sale price of $547,139, which is 48.7% more expensive than other neighborhoods in Colorado and 73.6% of neighborhoods in the U.S. Midland has a mixture of small to medium-sized single-family homes and apartment complexes, and most homes are older and well-established. There are also some new construction homes in the area.
Town Center is a rural neighborhood in Divide. It has small to medium-sized single-family homes with a median sale price of $492,069. This makes it more expensive than 43.8% of Colorado neighborhoods and 71.2% of U.S. neighborhoods. Town Center also has a blend of well-established and new construction homes.
Woodland Park is a town located in the Rocky Mountains at an elevation of over 8,400 feet. It provides a blend of small-town charm and modern amenities, with shops, restaurants, and cafes. There are also many places for recreational opportunities, from hiking and biking trails to fishing in nearby lakes.
What’s the Quality of Life in Divide?
Divide is served by the Woodland Park School District No. RE-2. The district has 1,804 students in grades Pre-K through twelfth grade. The average student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. The high school graduation rate in Divide is eight percent higher than the state average and 3.4% higher than the Colorado Springs metro area.
Divide’s income per capita is $61,824, which is seven percent higher than the national average. The average household income and unemployment rate are both significantly lower than the U.S. and state averages.
Cost of Living
Divide’s overall cost of living is 8.1% more expensive than the U.S. average and 12.4% lower than the rest of Colorado. The highest cost is housing, which is almost 22% more expensive than the U.S. average, though it’s 45.6% cheaper than the state average. The lowest cost is healthcare, which is 18.5% cheaper than the average U.S. cost and 2.3% cheaper than the average cost in Colorado.
Crime and Safety
Divide has a violent crime rate of 8.4% compared to 22.7% for the U.S. average. The property crime rate is 14.8% compared to 35.4% for the national average. The violent crime rate in Divide has historically been lower than in the rest of Colorado and the U.S.
Weather and Climate
Divide experiences a semi-arid climate characterized by distinct seasons. Summers in Divide are warm and dry. Daytime highs can reach into the 80s and occasionally the 90s Fahrenheit. Winters are typically cold, with temperatures often dropping below freezing. Snowfall is common, creating picturesque winter landscapes.
Healthcare and Hospitals
The cost of healthcare in Divide is 18.5% cheaper than the average U.S. cost and 2.3% cheaper than the average cost in Colorado.
Divide is a small town and doesn’t have any hospitals or urgent care centers in the immediate area. The closest options in neighboring towns are:
- UCHealth Pikes Peak Regional Hospital
- Peak Vista Community Health Center
- High Country Emergency Medical Service
- Memorial Hospital
- UCHealth Memorial Hospital Central
What Are the Top Things to Do in Divide
Divide offers various attractions and activities for visitors, including:
- Mueller State Park: Explore hiking and biking trails, wildlife viewing, and camping in this picturesque state park.
- Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument: Witness well-preserved fossils and petrified trees, along with beautiful scenery.
- Cripple Creek and Victor Narrow Gauge Railroad: Take a historic train ride through scenic landscapes.
- Rocky Mountain Dinosaur Resource Center: Discover fossils, exhibits, and animatronic dinosaurs.
- Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center: Experience guided tours to learn about and observe wolves and other wildlife.
How Can I Find the Best Homes in Divide?
Contact Barb Schlinker and Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Barb Has the Buyers Team today to explore current homes for sale in Divide. Our team is ranked as the best realtor in Divide and the broader Colorado Springs area for a reason.
With over 27 years in the industry, our deep knowledge of the local housing market and extensive network of listing agents set us apart from the competition.
In addition, we offer an exclusive VIP Buyer Program that ensures a smooth, stress-free home-buying experience. With this program, you’ll get:
- Curated property hotlists
- Free home-buying resources
- A complimentary home valuation
- Unique buyer guarantees, like our Buyer Satisfaction Guarantee
People Also Ask
What is Divide, Colorado, known for?
Divide is known as the “Center of the Known Universe,” which is the town’s motto. This motto reflects Divide’s unique position near the Continental Divide of the Americas.
Why is it called Divide, Colorado?
Divide got its name because it represents the point at which major water runoff flows in different directions based on what side of the divide it’s on.
What’s the zip code for Divide, Colorado?
The zip code in Divide is 80814.
What mountain is Divide, Colorado, on?
Divide is on the northern side of Pikes Peak.
Is Divide a city in Colorado?
Divide is a small town in Colorado. It has a population of less than 200 residents.