Some people are concerned about strangers going through their homes to view it for sale because of Covid. How is Governor Polis restricting real estate activity today? Real Estate has always been deemed an essential service since the Covid virus broke out.
The current challenge to real estate is the one created by the Coronavirus (COVID-19), as for their own individual health, yet their ability to work together. A reasonable lot of the regular capacities performed by realtors were restricted by a command given by the Governor planned to protect people in public from the Coronavirus.
Truly, that is not the correct inquiry to pose now. While that idea was the beginning stage for the organization’s unique business conclusion, obviously they are taking business organization on a one case at a time case right now. The most clear model here is that eateries are recorded as life-maintaining, yet their capacity to work is as a rule seriously confined. Land and development are not viewed as life-maintaining, however are for the most part open.
When the full-on panic set in the governor placed restrictions on:
- In person showing for about 3 weeks
- Open houses were cancelled.
- Agents still sold a bunch of homes then.
- Had to resort to other solutions to get homes shown.
In person showings are denied. Real estate agents may just show homes basically. The real estate agent might be available in the home, however the planned purchaser/ occupant may not be. It is likewise suggested that the house be empty, which means no one lives there or the inhabitants have left.
MASK MANDATE: We wear masks, sanitize after every showing.
Any kind of open house was cancelled during that time. A lot of homes sold because people found a way around the rules. Holding “open houses” is prohibited on the grounds that it would bring about the gathering of people.
Realtors are restricted from going to a property with their customer/client for the last walkthrough. Taking photos of empty or unchanged listed properties is allowed with the informed consent regarding the vender/landowner. Realtors are disallowed from going to closings except if their quality is fundamental for the end to happen.
What happens during showings?
This whole time there was a mask mandate but there hasn’t really been a glove mandate which is very interesting. It’s recommended but not required so what we do now with our listings is we actually supply the supplies at the house. Most people have their own mask these days but they don’t have gloves. They don’t have hand sanitizers and they don’t have wipes with them and guess what happens during showings buyers go in. They touch things, open the doors, turn on the lights, open the cabinets. They want to see how big it is so they’re going to be touching knobs and stuff and so the homeowner really has to be aware of the if they’re still living in the home.
I created a “No Touch Showing Kit’ that included all the supplies for each showing, just to make sure all the buyers and agents were protecting our clients.
Now our State will not allow me to make supplies because they have concerns about burning hands with too much Isopropyl Alcohol in the solution.
So I now I have them commercially made:
We do supply them at our listings with the appropriate amount of alcohol to be effective but not enough to burn hands. Never burned hands but it still depends on you. You know I can understand why the state’s worried about that so what the state did was they put together these levels of protection.
State COVID Levels of Protection:
As of today, we are at Condition Yellow. Together these levels of protection go from green to purple. We don’t believe purple is the most extreme and we’ve ever hit purple. We know we’re at red over the december to january period for a long time around the range. Now, we’re in yellow. So what does that mean so do a lot of research and read online about what that means. So we still provide the protective equipment.
- Wearing a mask is recommended and that you actually have to do a calculation about how many people can be in the house at once. But what the agents do is they kind of self-restrict themselves so they basically if one family is in the house looking at the home nobody else gets in.
- Use Social Distancing, since people can spread the virus before they know they are sick, it is important to stay at least 6 feet away from others when possible, even if you or they do not have any symptoms. Social distancing is especially important for people who are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
We Still provide Protective Equipment at our listings:
- Wearing face masks can be effective to prevent the spread. Although the use of face masks by healthy individuals is widely debated, it is important to take preventive measures to stay safe and healthy.
- Many people don’t know the proper way to take off gloves and can contaminate their hands when taking off gloves.
- There are many times you should use hand sanitizer, such as before and after touching a surface other people have touched.
- Wipes is important to clean our hands but wipes and similar products that do not have at least 60% alcohol do not reliably remove germs from your hands.
- Shoe Covers are important to real estate so you can step in the house without even having exposure.
If you are thinking of making a move call Barb at 719 301 3900
or visit www.BarbHasTheBuyers.com
404 total views, 1 views today