If you like this video, please share, subscribe and like and I would love to read your comments on this topic. Thank you for watching!
Barb Schlinker Radio Show
Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty Colorado
#coloradosprings #yourhomesoldguaranteedrealty #barbschlinker #realestatevoice
What are some things that make Home Buyers Reject Homes?
I had the pleasure of showing homes over the Holiday weekend. It was pretty shocking what I saw:
- Leaky faucet – Indicates Poor Maintenance
- Hardwood flooring with scratches and poor finishing
- Dead yard – talk about Curb Appeal Party Foul!
- Steps to backyard chewed down by large dog along with massive dog surprises inside yard
- Trash left in the garage and unfinished space
- Dirty floors
NOTE: These may seem like real estate 101 but these were homeowners asking prices that competed with brand new homes
The other was the experience of showing:
We are having to take extra precautions:
Wear Masks, Wear Gloves, Wipe Before and After yet…
When I went to set the appointment, one agent actually asked me to Take the Temperature of the Buyers???
How do I know what temperature is a No-Go? Not a DR, I’m an agent, while I do have a college degree, education for all agents to handle your largest asset is just 1 month of school!
How do I exercise Social Distancing while taking the temperature of my buyers?
Net result, I did not want to show the house…
How Do Home Sellers Avoid Getting their home Rejected during showings?
- If you think your home will be priced above $350,000 consider that your competition will be a brand new home with a 3 car garage, granite counters in the kitchen and baths, all new flooring.
- Although the buyers may have to wait a few months to get it, they may see the value in that.
- Buyers want and will pay a premium for a move-in ready home.
- Here are the basics:
- Curb Appeal
- Neutral paint
- Clean, clean, clean
- Listings are like loaves of bread; they are much better when they are fresh.
- You do not want your home to sit on the market and become stale like a crouton.
- We offer FREE in-home consultation on what to do and what not to do to get your home ready for sale. Just met with one last weekend that is months out.